Seattle and three other Puget Sound communities have some of the highest average rents in the country, according to a recent analysis by Rent.com.
Redmond was No. 8 nationally, with an average monthly rent of $4,222. Tacoma was No. 55 on the list. Seattle was No. 60, with an average rent of $2,689. Everett was No. 61.
The report noted most of the highest rent cities are on the West Coast or in the South. Forty-one of the top 100 communities for rent are in California and 15 are in Florida.
The 10 cities with the highest average rents:
- Jersey City, N.J. — $5,500 per month
- Boston — $4,878
- Palo Alto, California — $4,672
- Glendale, California — $4,472
- Santa Monica, California — $4,357
- Coral Gables, Florida — $4,310
- Hoboken, N.J. — $4,264
- Redmond, Washington — $4,222
- San Diego — $4,202
- Newport Beach, California — $4,178