The real estate world is crowded, no doubt about it. It feels like we are constantly being challenged to find ways that set us apart from the competition.
But here’s a little secret that Buffini & Company real estate coaches want to let you in on: When you enter the scene with a strong personal brand, things start to feel a lot more spacious.
That’s because personal brands have power, and when carefully crafted, yours will set you apart from the competition and make your business unique in its industry.
What’s in a Brand?
Basically, branding is your promise to the customer. Your brand outlines what the client can expect from your offerings. It’s what sets you apart from the competition and makes your business unique.
In a culture where 65% of buyers find a positive experience with a brand to be more influential than advertising, it is essential to define your personal brand and commit to it in order to build loyal customers. When you create a strong, recognizable brand that shows up in all of your real estate marketing and services, clients know exactly what to expect when they work with you (psst… this is huge if you want their referrals).
3 Steps to Building a Powerful Brand
In order to build a powerful personal brand, you need to identify what makes you unique and tie that into your actions. Trust us, it’s not as hard as it sounds! Define your brand story with these three steps:
- Brainstorm. Write words that reflect your interests, attributes and skills and how you show up in the world. Remember, 89% of consumers stay loyal to brands that share their values, so make sure your own brand is based on concepts important to you! By the way, don’t be afraid to have fun with it. If your four-legged friend is a huge part of your life, find a way to include Fido in your branding! This lets clients see more of your personality right from the start.
- Narrow it down. Select the phrases that differentiate you. Think about the words you would want your customers to associate you with. Would they refer you for your integrity? Your enthusiasm? Your knowledge? Combine words that play to both emotion and skill. Consider what your clients are already saying about you (great negotiator, exceptional energy, tells it like it is, etc.) to help you create this picture.
- Write your story. Create a short sentence or phrase using your favorite words to tell your brand story. This sentence is what guides your brand — any marketing or actions you take should be able to relate back to this. For example, you might say, “Sam Jones is a powerful negotiator who is dedicated to serving clients before, during and after the sale.” Make sure elements of this brand story appear in your marketing materials and your actions with clients.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words
Real estate coaches agree: A brand is nothing on paper. It’s what you do to bring it to life that people remember!
The most sustainable personal brands are the ones tied to exceptional customer service. Go above and beyond to impress customers with unexpected extras so that your brand becomes synonymous with high-quality service in real estate. These actions include:
- Mailing handwritten notes to check in and thank clients for their business.
- Consistently sending valuable information by mail and email.
- Delivering small appreciation gifts.
- Hosting client appreciation events for your top referrers.
Actions speak louder than words. Bringing your brand promise to life with exceptional service is the best way to create loyal fans of your business. Turn those folks into customers for life, and you will always be their go-to agent for referrals.